Friday, April 20, 2007

I'm still on Vancouver Island, currently in Courtenay. I've marked a couple more things off of my 'to do in Canada' list.
I've been to Coombs to see the goats that live on the roof of the crazy everything-international-nut-bread-and-doohickey hippie store (but the goats were off the roof at the time; they're waiting for warmer weather).
I've eaten: crabs, prawns, goats' cheese, REAL bread, chocolate with chili spices from Denman Island, and MORE real bread and MORE real cheeses. Did I ever mention how one time in Japan I bought "Blue Cheese" and it turned out to be dyed-blue Camembert? It's a Camembert nation, cheese-wise.

Ryan and Jess and I have been having a blast-- although I suspect I'm having the biggest blast, since I don't have to go to work. Last night we went out on a long rocky finger of sand and driftwood called Goose Spit and had a bonfire. We roasted smokies and marshmallows for s'mores (on almond cookies instead of graham wafers-- I highly recommend this!!) and they even set up a little Easter hunt for me! A week or so late, but who cares! It was absolutely fun, AND it involved chocolate! We watched the sun go down and admired the myriads of blues and purples that hazed across the sky. We moved in a little closer to the fire. I asked them what it was like to be married (my current favorite question for married couples-- the variety of answers is astounding). They were both very enthusiastic. In the end, Ryan managed to sum it up nicely: You may not know when it's the Right Person, but you definitely know when it's the Wrong Person. So don't waste your time with the Wrong Person.
Good advice, I think.

Tomorrow I'll be boarding the ferry bound for Prince Rupert. I sure hope I have enough warm clothes...

1 comment:

Lady K said...

The depth of my jealousy knows no bounds.