Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Still waiting... only two days to go until Friday. Decision day. As it's my day off, I'll be calling in to talk with my Japanese manager, so see what the verdict is. Last night as I was putting on my coat for the long bike ride home, she shook her head, and said, "if you go, I quit too!" Support feels good.
To answer P.Phobic's question, yes, I have looked into teaching for other companies, and have actually already gotten several suggestions (and even an offer) from teachers at other Eikawa schools. However, I really want to come home next summer for... well, either for the summer or forever, I haven't made up my mind yet. And I can't ethically feel OK signing up with another company, only to dump them mid-contract. And there isn't any company that would be willing to give me more than 10 vacation days a year, so... I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, as they say. But I'm greased up, baby! And if you squeeze me too tight, I just might shoot sideways. Watch out!

2 comments:

shona said...

good luck endrene! I'm sure it'll all be good. And the plus side is you'll get (marginally) more holidays in the second year of contract.

Lady K said...

You crack me up greasy one.. I think they are just messing with your head but that doesn't exactly make you want to play along...

Come be a cowgirl instead! They wear lots of fringe, spiffy boots and cute hats. You know, like Olivia Newton John in Xanadu...