Wednesday, February 06, 2008

So, keeping with this theme of self-actualization, I’ve been furtively checking out CELTA websites, checking prices and student reviews and locations. I’m finally seriously considering going back to school because I need a goal, and I want something to look forward to when this financial drought has come to an end. I’ve known for a while that improving my education will help prevent further financial droughts—however, I balked because my educational history is already quite impressive, if not cumulatively useful. Out of 29 years on the planet, I have been in school for nineteen of them. And I don’t have a doctorate to show for it; instead, a mish-mash of diplomas, certificates, and the ever-useful Fine Arts Degree. Time to solidify this jelly.

1 comment:

Lady K said...

I'm applying to a school in Sweden. Konstfak. I think you should apply too. And then we'll have masters degrees and get decent teaching jobs.

Well who knows but at least we'll have been to Sweden.