Sunday, January 11, 2009

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 20 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 16 people to be tagged.

Alright. I got 'tagged' on facebook by my friend Laura. Since I don't write 'notes' on facebook, I figure I'd launch into this project here. I think it's kind of funny because this is my blog. All I do is write random things about myself. But it is my birthday, my thirtieth birthday, and I'm going to indulge myself. I'll see if I can come up with stuff that I don't think most people know.

A Random 20 Things Note

1. I want to go to the Burning Man Festival at some point in my life.

2. If I won the lottery, the first thing I would do is learn how to scuba dive so that I could take my Dad to Truk lagoon. I want to learn how to scuba dive regardless of whether or not I win any money in my life. Wait... I have a scratch ticket that I got for my birthday-- I'm going to scratch it right now... Oh damn. No winners.

3. I can bend my big toes at 90 degree angles.

4. I don't like dry dust touching my feet.

5. I like live bugs, but not dead ones. I can't touch dead bugs. If I do, I squeal. I think it has to do with that time when I was reeeeally little, and Dad was giving me a bath, and a dead fly fell out of my hair into the bath tub. I was so mortified and grossed out.

6 and 7. I have great balance, but poor flexibility. I don't ever wish to win any kind of award for any sort of physical activity. I just have zero interest in physical competition.

8. I sometimes wish I wasn't white.

9. I don't have any mentors or heroes. There is noone I want to be like when I 'grow up'. I have always just wanted to be the best me I can be-- no-one else can be a guide or model for that.

10. But I do admire the following people: Mr. Dress-Up for bringing me joy; The Dalai Lama for bringing me back to my spiritual self; David Suzuki for bringing me awareness and practical steps for saving the planet; Robert Bateman for inspiring me artistically as a kid (and again now that I am mostly over my art-school snobbiness); Gabrielle Lacelle for being an independant, amazing adult female in my life; Stirling Alexander for just plain being wicked, and a destroyer of adversity.

11. I am not very romantic.

12. I don't like naked animals-- pigs, elephants, naked vole-rats-- but I think those hairless cats are pretty neat. I like pretty much every other animal. Except for maybe porcupines and honey badgers.

13. I talk to myself. I answer. I argue. I don't care.

14. I used to chew my toenails when I was a kid.

15. If I have any enemies, I don't know about it. I believe in peace, nonviolence, and altruism as a way of life.

16. I want to become a Buddhist, but I don't know how. Am I one if I say I am? Also (even though I feel foolish for it) I am kind of worried about what Jesus will think.

17. I try to say nice, friendly things to myself (in my head) in the morning, like "Good morning honey! You had a goooood sleep! Don't you feel great? You are going to have such a wonderful day today!" I do this, because if I wake up thinking crabby thoughts (like "Ohhhh I DON'T WANT TO GET UP! WHY DO I HAVE TO GO TO WORK?"), I tend to be clumsier and crabbier throughout the rest of the day.

18. I like being by myself more than I like being with people, but I feel guilty for feeling this way. I want to get over the guilt so that I can more thoroughly enjoy myself, both when I'm by myself, and when I am with people. As it stands now, I'm wishing to be alone when I'm hanging out with people, and feeling guilty for not socializing when I'm alone! Not productive! Not healthy! And I really doooo love people. I'm just not getting enough time alone so that I can actually enjoy them when I'm with them...

19. I want to live in a house furnished with only plants and pillows. (But I know I couldn't stop there!!)

20. I really love being who I am, in the end. I want to make the most of my life, my talents and circumstances. I don't want to wait for my life to happen. I do want to share my experiences with good people. I want to take responsibility for who I am, and where I'm at in life, every day, for the rest of my life.

If you read this, consider yourself 'tagged'.

Namaste,

Endrene

1 comment:

Lovely Leslie said...

Happy Birthday Endrene!!

Hmmm, I guess I've been tagged now ;) I'll have to think on it.