Thursday, April 23, 2009

Tomorrow is 'moving day'. Mom and dad will be swinging through Nanaimo to grab me and cart me and my belongings back up to Kaleden. For a month? For the summer? Uncertainty reigns. Funny how the last time I said "I WILL NEVER LIVE WITH MY PARENTS AGAIN" I had a sinking feeling that I might be telling myself a lie.

There are certainly positive aspects to the move; I haven't had a real Okanagan summer since 2002, and it will be nice to swim in the lake and eat fresh cherries and peaches, to float down the river channel and mock the tourists (quietly, and from a distance, of course). I'm also looking forward to painting the dry and gorgeous Okanagan landscape. I've really been getting into landscape paintings lately-- it certainly doesn't hurt that most of the general population likes to buy them as well.

But as I prepare to make my exit, I am reflecting on a lot of good things I will be leaving behind as well. Wonderful relationships and delicious new connections, sea sounds and smells... ahh, I'll be back.

I'm just feeling a little conflicted about it all right now.

No comments: