Friday, July 03, 2009

I had The. Best. Canada Day. EVER.

I went to Osoyoos with Dave, and soaked up the sun, ate an orange, swam in the lake and became coated in sparkling lake dust. Listened to live music, saw old friends, made new ones, ate prime rib, and watched fireworks. Goodness gracious, life is sweet, sweet, sweet.

I feel pretty good about where life is taking me right now; I am enjoying the ride, at least. God knows where I'll end up, but I feel good, and I think that THAT is 98% of the battle.

My art is blooming beautifully, and I am meeting all sorts of great people. I'm on the committee for a Street Art Festival that Penticton will be putting on in the autumn. I've joined a book club, I've tried Dragon Boating, I've seen lots of jazz shows, and mostly I've just been enjoying every juicy moment. I'm pretty sure that life can be like this all the time. Hey, not to say that it doesn't have bad and unpleasant bits (i.e. lost my mom's credit card- found it again, but still- almost missed a day of work due to miscommunication, smashed my toe and broke a plate)... but really, these are minor bumpy parts, strategically placed to remind me how good all the rest of it truly is.

I get a little jealous sometimes, of the women my age who have families, and are having babies of their own (at last count, seven of my friends are currently pregnant)... but all the rest of the time, I realize that I am exactly where I need to be, for me. I mean-- what would I do if I had a baby right now? Raise it in my parents' basement?! Don't think so. Nope, life is good, life is right. Here's to that! Cheers, my life!

2 comments:

Squishin Toes in the Sand said...

Funny thing is that I am jealous of your life. I am a woman your age, doing the family thing and I really wish I was free to enjoy life the way you do. It sounds like so much fun. And so what if you are currently in your parents basements, at least you don't have to wear yourself out with two jobs trying to make ends meet, always missing out on the fun in life because you have to go to work. Although this past week has been so much fun. and I will try to keep having fun for the rest of the summer in between work. I will live vicariously through you.....

endrene said...

Everybody is envoius of something that somebody else has... I envy you your fantastic daughter-- I look at some other people's kids, and I am in awe of how LUCKY you are, what a gracious and wonderful mother you are... we're all doing good jobs with our own lives. And we'll make time to play with each other whenever we can! ~x