Saturday, January 21, 2006

Eating as much red meat as possible. I'm also eating lots and lots of chocolate; I expect that these items may be a little more spendy in Japan. Donna's been spoiling me rotten by making just about anything I desire. Bacon! Pastries! Steaks! Cookies!

Altogether, I am feeling very calm, although I ought not to, considering the high doses of caffiene in my system. I am not quite packed yet. I'm not quite sure how everything is going to fit; one half of my large suitcase is already filled with shoes.

Mom is calling every day and crying a little. She's happy for me to be going, but she says she's sad for herself, since she won't be able to talk to me all of the time. I told her, "Don't worry mom! You can still call me in Japan-- it'll just cost more!" I'm lucky to have a family that is so supportive!

No comments: