Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Less than a week to go!

It's a beautiful sunny day, and Donna is out shopping for what will be my last Wednesday Night Supper for at least a year. The weds night suppers are sort of a Barrell family extravaganza-- every wednesday Donna cooks a big meal, and anyone who wants to come, comes. And eats. Alot. Tonight it's tacos and burritos ("what's comin' outta your speedo?" Sarah would sing... nothing like diarreah humor to lighten your mood)!

I've just gotten in from feeding and letting the chickens out. One thing I won't miss is Jester, that assholic rooster. He was the second bird out of the hen-house, and he promptly attacked me. So now I'm a little shaken up, and I smell like chicken poo. Oh well. I do like taking the eggs, nice and warm, and putting them into the bucket. And I like to eat the eggs, oh yes. That has to be my favorite part! So there, Jester! I consume your would-be offspring-- I get my revenge!

I'm getting a little wishy-washy at this point-- I'm excited to be going, but I don't like to say goodbye. There's so many people I would have liked to have seen (and seen more of) before I go, but I don't think I realized how fast the time would speed by. Shout out to all y'all.

1 comment:

Lady K said...

I've linked you on my blog!

You can't escape now!