Sunday, January 22, 2006

Right this very minute I am on hold with Air Canada. It's no wonder the mofos keep frickin' having financial trouble-- no-one seems to have a clue. The only number I could find on their web-page was not the right number for my particular question (regarding overweight baggage) so the guy gave me a new number. I dialed that number, and got a voice saying, "This number has been changed. Please call 1-900-643-2000. You must be over 18, and calls cost $2.99 a minute..." Poo, POO on Air Canada! I hear that they charge $$$ for things on the plane that you'd usually get for free-- pillows, blankets, meals. I'll be returning by way of a different airline, for certain! Cathay Pacific is so-o-o good, they even come around with heated face towels for us peons in third class.

On a bright note, I went out for dinner and laser-bowling last night. It was a Goat Girl extravaganza! (meaning there were four Capricorn girls re-celebrating our recent birthdays). I recieved some very thoughtful gifts-- Kelaine gave me a hat and an umbrella to replace the ones I left on the bus a couple months ago, and Jessica and Ryan loaded me up with Long-Flight-Essentials-- hand sanitizer, saline nose spray, eye drops, a book of Sudoku (my latest obsession) and lots more. Kelaine says there's a surprise on the umbrella (in the umbrella? On?) and I've decided to wait until I get to Japan and it rains before I open it up to find out what the surprise is. Probably a dirty drawing or something!

I won the official title of 'biggest loser' at bowling. As a consolation prize, Andrea showed up and returned my Shins cd, which I think I lent to her last summer... thanks Andrea! It was good to see everyone.

And now I have to go and unpack and re-pack. I am over the allowable baggage weight, and there are no alternatives. (Insert explitives here).

No comments: