Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Mary's just gone to drop Maile off at school, then she'll come back to pick me up so that I can have her truck for the afternoon. I'm going to join a group of local Maui painters/artists that meet every Wednesday morning for plein aire sessions.

I'm a little anxious. I've only met one of the women who will be there once, and it's been a while since I've been creative in a group setting. I'm sure I'll get comfortable soon enough. If all else fails, I have my snorkel and a beach towel in my bag; I can always ditch and drive out to Makena beach.

The project isn't going as well as I'd like-- too many other fun things to do, and the math of the measurements has confounded me to the point that I am down to my final four precious pieces of paper. I'd really like to get this calligraphy done here, instead of having to complete it on the mainland. Then again, I haven't received any money for the work yet either. Ah, that's just an excuse not to do it. I better buckle down, nose to the grindstone, shoulder to the wheel, etc. etc. yada yada.

Time to go! Aloha!

No comments: