Thursday, November 13, 2008

Hmmm.

Very-very tired, I am. Speak and teach the good English, I think I can.

Yesterday I handed in the last version of my re-written paper; if I pass or fail it now, it no longer matters. I will pass the course regardless. Of course, the perfectionist (a.k.a. the 'brown noser') in me wants the pass. And I mean the PASS. But (heave a sigh) the paper is in; the last teaching practise class has been taught; and the cold I have been fighting off for a week and a half is setting up shop in my sinuses and throat booger manufacturing. It's a lucrative business these days.

Hard to say what I'll miss most. I really enjoyed being a student again; prying open my rusty cerebral doors and tossing in knowledge. My hungry feral brain has been feasting. I have enjoyed being among classmates and students of other classes... especially Aki and the gaggle of Korean girls studying the TOEIC in the back classroom. I've really enjoyed being a trial Vancouverite... though I'm not so sure I'll be looking for work in the city. Nate is pretty deadset against it, and I want to give our relationship every opportunity to work out. He's been fabulously supportive to me while I've been away at school, and I've really missed him. Which is good, right?

I haven't enjoyed the fresh smack of poverty. I am broke, broke, broke, and can't wait to get to work. It complicates the moving process... say I get a job in Victoria-- how will I move there to start working? I paid for my coffee this morning with pennies (I now have two pennies left in my wallet), and I have a nice hole dug into my overdraft at the bank... I guess I could always sell my car? Anyway, I'm not too worried about it, because I'm sure everything will work out. It always does. Feeding anxiety to a problem only makes it bigger.

Yeah. I said it, now I just have to believe it.

Two days to go, then I'm off on the job hunt, out in the world. Wish me luck, send me good vibes, and keep loving each other (because it makes the world a nicer place altogether).

~Endrene

No comments: