Sunday, May 27, 2007

Back on old stomping grounds, and stomping like crazy.

I'm currently residing three doors down from my old childhood home in Kaleden, with my kind and generous neighbors, the Cooks. It's a little strange to look out the window and be confronted with the scenic wallpaper of my youth; blue lake, dark golden-and-green mountains. The air is dry and warm and scented with Russian olive tree blooms, desert dust and sagebrush. I feel very at peace... for now!

What is this... let me count... house number seven! I have stayed in seven different homes since I began my Grand Vagabond Homecoming Tour of BC. The G.V.H. Tour has become enormously easier since Kurosuke (my big black mama of a gypsy wagon) and I have bonded. Yesterday I took the day off from mural painting in Okanagan Falls to learn how my black beastie works. Tom Cook showed me fan belts and the master cylinder and the oil doodly-hoo and the fram-fram whamma-dammer. You can see that my retention is a little iffy when it comes to mechanics... regardless, I am now capable of performing an oil and oil-filter change, AND an air filter change. Yay me.

I may get another mural contract in Penticton, which would allow me to soak up a little more of what I consider a "REAL" summer. Ain't no party like a lakeside party! I mean seriously-- there are lakes and boats and beaches and campfires, and many many golden-brown and happy people. What else could I really want? Hmmm. I'll have to give that some thought... because what I want, I get! Nothing can hold me back!

1 comment:

Lady K said...

Awesome! I know I'm enjoying the student summer life much better than the workaholic everyday life. I think I've just found a job that will let me have both - working at the Alberta Bird of Prey Centre.

I hope that your friendly car might traverse the rockies and bring you to visit me.. We'll have to plan something. (Though I'm currently sorta booked for the July long..)