Sunday, May 20, 2007

How cool was that?

The reunion was a blast. There were the initial butterflies as Tamara, Brad and I walked into the restaurant; but a spicy Caesar and a conversation with Mike Shaver later, it was all copacetic. (Mike tutored me before the Math 11 final, securing my grade of 52%, thereby allowing me to pass and eventually get into university. He doesn't remember this.)

There were three main topics during the night:

1) Where are you living and what are you doing? (This one was a little pithy for me, so I usually answered, "I'm a gypsy.")

2) Do you have any kids yet? (Directed at me, this one was met with wild laughter.)

3) Are you on Facebook?

Yes folks, proof positive that I am part of the media generation. My admission that I don't have a website with any of my art on view-- and that I am in fact not in possession of a computer-- was met with tsks of disapproval. Do I have any excuses in this day and age? Not any good ones, I guess.

1 comment:

phone_phobic said...

Hmmm. I have reservations about joining the facebook. Trying to blog is hard enough.